Open Configuration Manager
Launch the Configuration Manager console, click Software Library, under Application Management right click Applications and click Create Application. Choose Manually specify the application information and click Next.
Building The Application Deployment
Download G’MIC software from here. Once you have downloaded the GIMP software, you can copy it to a folder on the ConfigMgr server or shared folder on a file server (if its in the same DC).
Specify some information about the application. Click Next.
For the Content Location, provide the path where the GIMP setup file is present. In my case I have copied the setup file to a folder named GIMP on SCCM server. The next step is to specify install and uninstall command.
Content Location: \dc19\Share\Software\Deployments\Software\GIMP\Plugins
Installation Program: “gmic_2.9.6_gimp2.10_win64.exe” /LANG=English /VERYSILENT /NORESTART /SP-
Uninstall Program: %AppData%\GIMP\2.10\plug-ins\gmic_gimp_qt\uninst\unins000.exe /VERYSILENT
Detection Method – Detection method allows the administrator to check if the application is already installed. It can also prevent an installation of an application if it conflicts with another application that is already installed. Click Configure rules to detect the presence of this deployment type and click on Add Clause.
On the Detection Rule window, choose Setting Type as Registry. Under HKEY_CURRENT_USER, set the following
Setting Type: Registry
Key: Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\G’MIC-Qt for GIMP_is1
Set the Installation behavior as Install for user and Installation program visibility to Normal. Click Next.
- Easily Set Clock On Cisco DevicesTo set the Date and time on any Cisco device follow the steps below. Open […]
- MDT Error 0xc0000001In the midst of attempting to deploy out a new Windows Server 2019 installation I […]
- Clone A VM On vCenter 6.7Cloning a virtual machine can come in pretty handy… Especially when you need to troubleshoot […]
- Deploy G’mic 2.9.6 In Software CenterOpen Configuration Manager Launch the Configuration Manager console, click Software Library, under Application Management right […]
- How To Update Ubuntu through CLIIn this tutorial I will demonstrate how to update Ubuntu for the server version. I […]