In the midst of attempting to deploy out a new Windows Server 2019 installation I came across a new issue. As mentioned in the title of this quick block. My remote virtual machine posted the error 0xc0000001 which was odd since I was able to PXE call from my onsite domain controller (DC02) and start to load the boot file config.
After some research and a few cups of coffee I found that the resolution to this issue was the Enable Variable Windows Extension. To fix this follow the instructions below…
1. Open your Windows Deployment Services app or WDS
2. Right click on your WDS server in the left pane
3. Left click on Properties
4. Click on the TFTP tab within the properties window
5. Uncheck Enable Variable Windows Extension
6. Lastly Reboot your WDS Server
If you followed all the steps above correctly you should be able to PXE boot your VM from MDT now. Enjoy!
- Easily Set Clock On Cisco DevicesTo set the Date and time on any Cisco device follow the steps below. Open […]
- MDT Error 0xc0000001In the midst of attempting to deploy out a new Windows Server 2019 installation I […]
- Clone A VM On vCenter 6.7Cloning a virtual machine can come in pretty handy… Especially when you need to troubleshoot […]
- Deploy G’mic 2.9.6 In Software CenterOpen Configuration Manager Launch the Configuration Manager console, click Software Library, under Application Management right […]
- How To Update Ubuntu through CLIIn this tutorial I will demonstrate how to update Ubuntu for the server version. I […]